More than any place in Jerusalem, the Temple Mount pulls upon our deepest emotions and beliefs. A symbolic site for all three major religions - from Isaac to Jesus to Muhammad - the Temple Mount is built high on centuries of history and legend. Dating back to the Roman period, the Temple Mount has played host to everyone from Ancient Israelites to conquering Romans, and from 10th century Arab Caliphs Umayyad to 20th century British archeologists. And now it’s your turn.
Visit the expansive and towering Temple Mount platform to hear the fascinating tales buried deep beneath the layers of Jerusalem stone below, including:
- The rock from which Muhammed ascended to heaven
- The cotton markets that once populated the rising walkway
- Why the Golden Gate, or Mercy Gate, is closed
- The architectural wonder of the 10th century golden dome
General tour information:
- Tours are led by professional guides with specialized expertise in Jerusalem history in general and the Old City in particular.
- Tours are designed for groups with a minimum of 15 participants and maximum of 25 participants per tour.
- Larger groups can be accommodated and will be divided into smaller groups, each led by a professional tour guide.
- Tours are 3 hours long.
Further information, terms and restrictions: